• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

%Ecstacy

Ecstacy

• %Warlord

• 14,107 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Ecstacy
  • RSNI Ecstacy I

Been pretty into shooting shit lately with my friends and I think I'm gonna get my concealed weapons permit pretty soon. Anyone know the best place to purchase a firearm? Don't really wanna overspend but don't want a piece of shit either. I hear gun shows are the way to go but I'm still sort of a noob and don't wanna get ripped off by some redneck

Maxx

Maxx

King of GFX

• Ex-TLP
  • 706 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Maxx
  • RSNRey Maxx

No clue, we can't even own paintball gun where I live.

*Dank

Dank

Stay up out the streets if you cant take the heat

• *Veteran Member
  • 3,474 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Dankk
  • RSNFrick Pibb

gun shows, someone there isnt gonna fuck you any harder than a gun shop would

Lay tha Dds

Lay tha Dds

sock wearer28

• 728 posts
  • IRCLay tha Dds
  • RSNLay tha Dds
Yeah, no idea bro, guns aren't a big thing over here unless you're on acres and shit hahah

*sxy fo sho

sxy fo sho

Forum Legend

• *Elite Member

• 13,030 posts
  • IRCFo_Sho
  • RSNPOOPYHEAD

depends where ur from really

%Cody

Cody

u ok m8?

• %Elder
  • 9,274 posts
  • IRCInsane
  • RSN000
Though these forums are dead, I'd like to pass on my experience from when I decided to start carrying.

holy shit where to begin...

Budget budget budget, the gun is only price of admission, everything else costs $$$$

What to expect-
* Gun $300-$1000+ (from your bottom dollar hipoint, to a midrange glock, to a high-end fiveseven/1911/deagle)
* Ammo $10-$35/box of 50 (depending on caliber and quality you plan to shoot + carry ammo)
* Cleaning supplies $40~ (certain guns require more maintenance than others, but a $20 kit should cover you for atleast a year)
* Safe/lockbox $50-$150 (to secure the weapon when its off your hip)
* Holster $100-$150~ (iwb/aiwb since you plan to conceal, don't grab some AIO holster, spend the extra money up front and get a decent kydex holster from stealthgear, crossbreed, or aliengear)
* Extra mags $20-$30/ea (don't go off brand, magpull is alright, but try to stick to brand mags to prevent jamming/misfire issues)
* Nightsights? $100-$250 (Plan to carry every day? most guns come with stock sights that are useless at night)
* Flashlight/laser? not really needed.. but lmao why not $100-$200
* Club membership vs Range cost- if you aren't running off to the woods to shoot everytime, you could buy into a club to shoot for a month/year, or pay a one-off access fee. ranging from $50-200/yr or $10-30/one-off

-my edc concealed
* Gun- Glock 19 gen3 = $500~
* Holster- Stealthgear IWB mini = $129
* Nightsight- Trijicon Green nightsites = $130
* Flashlight/Lsser- Streamlight tlr4g = $230
* Carry Ammo- Federal Hydra Shok hollow points ($20 for a box of 20) = $20+tax (buy 2-3 boxes to learn the recoil, and a box to carry)
* Safe- biometric quickopen safe on my bedside = $120

ready for the range? not yet.
* Mags- like 4x glock 9mm 15rnd = $120 (nobody wants to reload after every mag at the range)
* Range Ammo- 10 Boxes of 50 American Eagle FMJ (Federal Ammo) = $120 (should last a month if you are a semi-active shooter)
* Cleaning Kit- ballistol, firm toothbrush, and a off the shelf $20 kit

After that the only thing I pay for is a $75/yr gun club/range membership + $50-$150/month ammo average. Higher the caliber, the more it costs to shoot in ammo.

Colion Noir really hits it on the head though..

side notes-
* Depending if you know the size/caliber you want, research prices online, you can always buy online, and have it sent to a local FFL, pay a small receivers fee, and then off you go.
* Get your concealed permit first, as it should whitelist you on the buying process, and won't require you to wait to pick up your gun.
* Ammo can be sent directly to your house from online shops.
* budsgunshop is a pretty nice online outfit that sells new/used guns, and will help you price your needs.
* read the fucking manual when you get a new gun, field strip it over and over and learn how everything works before you chamber a single round.
  • Adam and Ecstacy like this

*lnfamous

lnfamous

Heh

• *Veteran Member

• 2,458 posts
  • IRClnfamous
  • RSNTLP Forever

Though these forums are dead, I'd like to pass on my experience from when I decided to start carrying.

holy shit where to begin...

Budget budget budget, the gun is only price of admission, everything else costs $$$$

What to expect-
* Gun $300-$1000+ (from your bottom dollar hipoint, to a midrange glock, to a high-end fiveseven/1911/deagle)
* Ammo $10-$35/box of 50 (depending on caliber and quality you plan to shoot + carry ammo)
* Cleaning supplies $40~ (certain guns require more maintenance than others, but a $20 kit should cover you for atleast a year)
* Safe/lockbox $50-$150 (to secure the weapon when its off your hip)
* Holster $100-$150~ (iwb/aiwb since you plan to conceal, don't grab some AIO holster, spend the extra money up front and get a decent kydex holster from stealthgear, crossbreed, or aliengear)
* Extra mags $20-$30/ea (don't go off brand, magpull is alright, but try to stick to brand mags to prevent jamming/misfire issues)
* Nightsights? $100-$250 (Plan to carry every day? most guns come with stock sights that are useless at night)
* Flashlight/laser? not really needed.. but lmao why not $100-$200
* Club membership vs Range cost- if you aren't running off to the woods to shoot everytime, you could buy into a club to shoot for a month/year, or pay a one-off access fee. ranging from $50-200/yr or $10-30/one-off

-my edc concealed
* Gun- Glock 19 gen3 = $500~
* Holster- Stealthgear IWB mini = $129
* Nightsight- Trijicon Green nightsites = $130
* Flashlight/Lsser- Streamlight tlr4g = $230
* Carry Ammo- Federal Hydra Shok hollow points ($20 for a box of 20) = $20+tax (buy 2-3 boxes to learn the recoil, and a box to carry)
* Safe- biometric quickopen safe on my bedside = $120

ready for the range? not yet.
* Mags- like 4x glock 9mm 15rnd = $120 (nobody wants to reload after every mag at the range)
* Range Ammo- 10 Boxes of 50 American Eagle FMJ (Federal Ammo) = $120 (should last a month if you are a semi-active shooter)
* Cleaning Kit- ballistol, firm toothbrush, and a off the shelf $20 kit

After that the only thing I pay for is a $75/yr gun club/range membership + $50-$150/month ammo average. Higher the caliber, the more it costs to shoot in ammo.

Colion Noir really hits it on the head though..

side notes-
* Depending if you know the size/caliber you want, research prices online, you can always buy online, and have it sent to a local FFL, pay a small receivers fee, and then off you go.
* Get your concealed permit first, as it should whitelist you on the buying process, and won't require you to wait to pick up your gun.
* Ammo can be sent directly to your house from online shops.
* budsgunshop is a pretty nice online outfit that sells new/used guns, and will help you price your needs.
* read the fucking manual when you get a new gun, field strip it over and over and learn how everything works before you chamber a single round.

yea alright al capone

*Kevyn

Kevyn

Forum Elite

• *Elite Member
  • 1,570 posts
  • IRCKevyn
  • RSNBayl0r

that was a long read but worth it @%Cody

Edited by Kevyn, 17 January 2017 - 11:47 AM.

%Adam

Adam

The Wisewolf of Yoitsu

• %Elder
  • 16,855 posts
  • IRCAdam|
  • RSNNectarded

Just please don't accidentally blow your own brains out like a moron

Pvp-Alex

Pvp-Alex

Duffman!

• Honorable Guest
  • 10,482 posts
  • IRCPvp|Alex
  • RSNThe Duffman

J4ck

J4ck

The True Pure

• Ex-TLP

• 1,204 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Dolan
  • RSNTLP J4ck

PAP PAP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users