Same lift as me.

Kappa

King_Kai

King_Kai

Forum Newbie

• 21 posts
  • IRCNA
  • RSNNA

kid you have no idea what you're talkinhg about. Grip strength is everything when deadlifting. Pick up more than 135 and maybe you'd feel it fuckin pussy ORDER 66 on King Kai kpaceoutbye

you're an idiot. go back to hanging out on bb.com

King_Kai

King_Kai

Forum Newbie

• 21 posts
  • IRCNA
  • RSNNA

Lmao just stop

give me one decent argument against using straps that doesn't have to do with ego. I guarantee you can't.

%The Velvet Nutsack

The Velvet Nutsack

Warden of the West

• %Elder

• 31,441 posts
  • IRCMeMe
  • RSNEye Of Soron

give me one decent argument against using straps that doesn't have to do with ego. I guarantee you can't.

I'm not anti straps lol. I think they're absolutely amazing for training when used correctly. I do all my pulling exercises with straps. I do single hand static barbell holds for grip strength even though I don't really need to because I pull hook grip but imbalances are never good so I do it anyway. So I don't disagree with you there.

But training and competition are two different things. Your mentality of using equipment to eliminate secondary factors of the lift just to lift more weight is the mentality that is bastardizing the lifts and perpetuating the view of strength sports as "gutter sports." Which is why weightlifting will always be the only strength sport actually taken seriously in the sporting world (i.e. the olympics etc)

Edited by Rihana Pm Me, 11 March 2016 - 06:15 AM.

• Lord Bowlcut likes this

King_Kai

King_Kai

Forum Newbie

• 21 posts
  • IRCNA
  • RSNNA
I don't think its necessarily to lift more weight, per se.. there's many factors to it. For example, havimg broken my left hand many times, I can get to 335 raw. with straps I can pull over 4 plates and still have clean, solid reps... So if I decide to enter a PL meet, why should my previous injury stop me from pulling what I know my body is capable of? I see your argument and technically you're correct, as lifting has to do with every muscle involved. However, there are muscles that a certain lift is designed to engage (posterior chain, hams, core, etc) for DL.If those muscles are capable of doing a certain weight, I don't think outside variables, such as grip, should be a limiting factor. See what I'm saying?

also, there comes a time like these guys at the elite level where your grip can onlytake so much... and even though your body is capable of handling the weight, your muscles in your hands / forearms just can't get any stronger.

Lord Bowlcut

Lord Bowlcut

Lord of the Bowl

• Ex-TLP
  • 652 posts
  • IRCBowlcut
  • RSNsick lad 9

I don't think its necessarily to lift more weight, per se.. there's many factors to it. For example, havimg broken my left hand many times, I can get to 335 raw. with straps I can pull over 4 plates and still have clean, solid reps... So if I decide to enter a PL meet, why should my previous injury stop me from pulling what I know my body is capable of? I see your argument and technically you're correct, as lifting has to do with every muscle involved. However, there are muscles that a certain lift is designed to engage (posterior chain, hams, core, etc) for DL.If those muscles are capable of doing a certain weight, I don't think outside variables, such as grip, should be a limiting factor. See what I'm saying?

also, there comes a time like these guys at the elite level where your grip can onlytake so much... and even though your body is capable of handling the weight, your muscles in your hands / forearms just can't get any stronger.

. So if I decide to enter a PL meet, why should my previous injury stop me from pulling what I know my body is capable of?

your body technically isnt pulling it if you are using straps.

you're an idiot. go back to hanging out on bb.com

sick 335 deadlift mate you are a spec of dust in my world boy

King_Kai

King_Kai

Forum Newbie

• 21 posts
  • IRCNA
  • RSNNA
you're a horrible troll. :/ at least try...

N D F

N D F

Legend

• Ex-TLP

• 2,296 posts
  • IRCTommyNDF
  • RSNEn Dee F

Crazzzzy

Lord Bowlcut

Lord Bowlcut

Lord of the Bowl

• Ex-TLP
  • 652 posts
  • IRCBowlcut
  • RSNsick lad 9

you're a horrible troll. :/ at least try...

are u talking to me nerd?

skeez

skeez

Forum Expert

• Experienced Member

• 3,693 posts
  • IRCskeez
  • RSN123

Crazzzzy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users