Photo

Hitching, Straps, Lol Just Lol.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

%Dissy

Dissy

Onyx the fortuitous, slayer of the bright realm.

• %Elder
  • 18,842 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Dissy
  • RSNfreddie
How is this a good lift? The hitching is reeeel and he never really locks it out.

http://www.onlineinsgram.com/web/media/1198844386825661813_606778514

I think it's because Arnold is on stage with him. O well, "politics bro".

Shaw>hall- check how smooth the lift is, could have done 1030 imo but I don't think he wanted to put his back on the line for it and risk injury because of his sponsors/responsibilities with worlds strongest man.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCjMSs5hLis/

Also...still la mayoing at straps.

skeez

skeez

Forum Expert

• Experienced Member

• 3,693 posts
  • IRCskeez
  • RSN123

:unsure:

Kingston

Kingston

Forum God

• Ex-TLP
  • 5,499 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Kingston
  • RSNTLP Kingston
Crazzzzy 🙈

*Hops

Hops

We really are the best.

• *Elite Member
  • 2,297 posts
  • IRCHops
  • RSNON THE BLOCK

Crazzzzy

Alex

Alex

Forum God

• 5,854 posts
  • IRC-
  • RSN-

Crazzzzy

Curtis

Curtis

didn't ask

• Experienced Member
  • 3,564 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Curtis
  • RSNB M 0 R E

fuck trump

*Kevyn

Kevyn

Forum Elite

• *Elite Member
  • 1,570 posts
  • IRCKevyn
  • RSNBayl0r

God Bless....the first guy was just fucking cringe man. It shouldn't have counted at all. 

Shaw is the man.

*sxy fo sho

sxy fo sho

Forum Legend

• *Elite Member

• 13,030 posts
  • IRCFo_Sho
  • RSNPOOPYHEAD

he dont got me

*debb

debb

Forum God

• *Elite Member

• 5,910 posts
  • IRCLynx Titan
  • RSNbrya n

he dont got me

*Kyle

Kyle

World's Greatest

• *Veteran Member
  • 20,640 posts
  • IRC 
  • RSN 

:unsure:

King_Kai

King_Kai

Forum Newbie

• 21 posts
  • IRCNA
  • RSNNA

He locked it out at the end, when he stopped shaking for a split second. And straps don't matter, since deadlifting has nothing to do with grip strength and that's all straps do is take pressure off your hands. Shaw always uses straps. Anyone that doesn't want to kill their hands is going to, lol.

That said, Brian is ALWAYS fucking clean. He's a beast, and definitely in a league of his own. Provided he stays relatively injury free, he's going to continue to dominate.

%Dissy

Dissy

• %Elder
  • 18,842 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Dissy
  • RSNfreddie

deadlifting has nothing to do with grip strength,

LOL
  • Lord Bowlcut likes this

%Andrew

Andrew

bipolar drug abuser

• %Council

• 9,107 posts
  • IRCMalcriado
  • RSNred flamingo

he dont got me

King_Kai

King_Kai

Forum Newbie

• 21 posts
  • IRCNA
  • RSNNA

LOL

so you DeadLift to strengthen your grip? My point exactly. If grip had anything to do with the strength of a person's DL, straps would be banned from meets. Why potentially fuck up your hands just to seem more 'badass', when the primary function of the lift has nothing to do with your hands?

Grip is a secondary focus which, for all intents and purposes, can be eliminated.

%Ecstacy

Ecstacy

• %Warlord

• 14,105 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Ecstacy
  • RSNI Ecstacy I

he dont got me

%Dissy

Dissy

• %Elder
  • 18,842 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Dissy
  • RSNfreddie

so you DeadLift to strengthen your grip? My point exactly. If grip had anything to do with the strength of a person's DL, straps would be banned from meets. Why potentially fuck up your hands just to seem more 'badass', when the primary function of the lift has nothing to do with your hands?

Grip is a secondary focus which, for all intents and purposes, can be eliminated.

we have a fundamental difference in opinion on the lift and that's fine, lol. Agree to disagree.

Grip strength is VERY much apart of the deadlift. It goes hand and hand with the lockout. If you can't hold onto the bar you have no business strapping yourself to it to cover up a weakness or to help hitch your way to a lock-out. I view it as not only cheating but also being lazy if you are purposefully trying to eliminate a "secondary" part of the lift to make it easier on yourself.

There are actually a plethora of different federations with different rules and the ones that I admire the most do not allow the use of straps.

for the record-

*I personally use and believe that the smart use of straps in training is totally fine.

*i also scoff at mono-lifts, bench-shirts, etc. I'm by no means a zealot but i think that the lifts at meets should be done as close to organic as possible.

*i included the "straps lol" in the title to bust balls...that's all.

I do however realize the majority of people think that straps and other equipped gear such as wraps are totally fine and it is what it is. I still respect the fuck out of all the strong mother fuckers out there putting up insane numbers because at the end of the day...we are all iron brothers...

...some of us just have smaller dicks than others ayyylmao. ;)

• Lord Bowlcut likes this

%Dissy

Dissy

• %Elder
  • 18,842 posts
  • IRC[TLP]Dissy
  • RSNfreddie

Lord Bowlcut

Lord Bowlcut

Lord of the Bowl

• Ex-TLP
  • 652 posts
  • IRCBowlcut
  • RSNsick lad 9

u can hitch in strong man u NERD its not powerlifting.

Lord Bowlcut

Lord Bowlcut

Lord of the Bowl

• Ex-TLP
  • 652 posts
  • IRCBowlcut
  • RSNsick lad 9

kid you have no idea what you're talkinhg about. Grip strength is everything when deadlifting. Pick up more than 135 and maybe you'd feel it fuckin pussy ORDER 66 on King Kai kpaceoutbye

%The Velvet Nutsack

The Velvet Nutsack

Warden of the West

• %Elder

• 31,441 posts
  • IRCMeMe
  • RSNEye Of Soron

Lmao just stop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)